Search inside Tecarta Bible is unlike anything offered in other Bible apps. While other apps will search only one translation at a time, Tecarta Bible searches over 40. Never again get "no results" when searching. Simply type a keyword or phrase and find the results in your favorite translation or all translations.
How to search:
- Open Tecarta Bible
- Tap Search in the bottom bar
- In the top tab, choose Keyboard Search
- Tap the search bar to bring up the keyboard
- Type in a keyword (e.g: light), then tap "Search"
- A list of search results should appear. To quickly navigate to that verse in the translation that it appears in, simply tap on a result.
Search result actions:
- To see all actions you can perform on a result, simply tap on the down arrow to the right of a search result. This will expand the search result to expose additional buttons:
- Context: Allows you to see the surrounding verses so you can better understand the setting the verse is from
- Copy: Allows you to copy the verse so you can paste into a note or anywhere outside the app
- Share: Allows you to share the verse using the system share dialog
- Translation abbreviations: This indicates that other translations also show the same keyword you searched for at this specific reference (book/chapter/verse)
- All: This compares the verse in all translations you've chosen
- You can also select multiple search results or verses at one time. Simply hold down on a verse, then tapping on any other verse you'd like to select. A list of actions will appear that you can perform on your selection.
Note: To search for verses containing only the exact word or phrase you are searching for (e.g light instead of light and lightning and lighter), surround the search term with quotation marks.